Friday, January 15, 2016

Update New Year Read-A-Thon

Hello, everyone! So, it's just over a week after the New Year Read-A-Thon challenge and suffice it to say, I failed. With a big, fat F. I try, I really did, I just got distracted by everything else going on around me that I just gave up and vegged on other books instead.

I started reading Marie Lu's The Yong Elites as part of my resolution to read outside of my comfort zone. I was actually enjoying the book, but when it comes to fantasy, I think, it's the kind of book you have to focus on and pay special attention to. I don't have that kind of time on my hands too often so I put it down and will save it for when I have down time.

This brings me to another point. I don't usually like making TBRs because I almost always fail at them. I'm a fast reader but I'm a mood reader, too. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a cute, easy read, other times I want to read about murders and blood. I never know. And it's usually never in-between with me.

But anyways, I've read four pretty awesome books so far and I'm a few chapters into a book I won at a festival last holiday season. It's pretty interesting so far and I can't wait to get into it some more. I hope your new year is off to  great (reading) start! Happy reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment