Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Wrap-Up #2 | December


Hello! I hope everyone is having a lovely holiday season thus far :) I know I am! Well, kind of. I'm trying to get out of my football blues since my football team lost and is now officially out of the playoffs :( anyway, in regards to reading, I did get some reading done early this month but was too busy with Christmas shopping and celebrating family birthdays and watching football that I only managed to get through two full books and a few of short stories/novellas. I wanted to stick with the Holiday theme because of December, but I kept DNFing a lot of the short stories I picked up because they were too cheesy or just wasn't my thing, but looking back at my Goodreads shelf for December, I actually read more short stories/novellas than I thought. 



A Christmas Gift by Stella Wilkinson ***
A Family For Christmas by Mona Ingram ***
All Played Out by Cora Carmack ****

Bah, Humbug! by Heater Harrocks ***
A Chocolate Chip Christmas Kiss by Martha Rowe Sconnely ***
The Christmas Bake-Off by Abby Clements ***

Christmas Without Holly by Nicola Yeager ***
Ex-Mas by Kate Brian ***
The Heart of Christmas by Bill Garrison ***

Her Christmas Bonus by Rain Danvers ***
Mistletoe In Manhattan by Talli Roland ***
Second Chance Christmas by Shawn Inmon ***

Unexpected Gifts by Bronwyn Green ***


Aside from All Played Out, the stories were cute and funny, which is what I was looking for, but they lacked depth. I couldn't relate to the characters nor did I get attached to the story. I guess I got what I was looking for since I did want something simple and cheesy.



I won an ARC of My Kind Of Crazy by Robin Reul and I am looking forward to reading that in the new year. Oh, which reminds me, I will be participating in a New Year Readathon that I came across on Instagram, but I have yet to pick which books to read, so look out for that post. I also am coming up with a few Reading Resolutions for 2016 that I will be posting soon as well. Until then, I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year and as always, happy reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment