Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Happy December!


Happy Holidays, everyone! It is my favorite time of the year :) the weather is nice and cool - well, as "cool" as it can get in Southern California. It's time for hot chocolate and cute coats and boots. Both basketball and football are always on. And besides my birth month, December is when I'm at my most happiest.
Anyway, I decided to finally, FINALLY, start and keep a book blog. I have an Instagram account (@herlovesbooks) where I've been pretty consistent this whole year with posting pictures of all sorts of books, including ones that I've read, and I found that writing long posts is pointless. A lot of people don't even read the caption, they just see pretty pictures of books and double tap. Can you blame them? I love to look at pretty books, too!
I've started and deleted so many book accounts the past few years, I've lost count of how many I had. I just cannot find the time to dedicate to my blogs. Which is why I started an IG account in the first place; it was just easier for me to post a picture with a quick caption about what I've read or books I've purchased. But I've read so many great books lately (like last month for example, all the books I read were at least four stars. Reviews on those will hopefully be posted this month) and I wanted to share my thoughts and go in more depth and I didn't feel it was appropriate to put a long paragraph on the app. So I've kept my thoughts on these books to myself. I also have a Goodreads account but I don't write too many reviews on there. Don't ask me why, I really have no reason.
You're probably wondering why I decided to start a blog in the month of December of all months - it's the most busiest time of the year. While that may be true, I just felt like right now is the right time for me, mainly because of what I said earlier, last month I read a bunch of great books and I felt like I needed to write down my thoughts somewhere so that someone will pick up the book also and get the same feels as I did! As a mom, the Holidays are always stressful and chaotic, but so much more awesome than it was when I was younger, not because they weren't great, my Christmases are memorable in the best ways possible, but because I get to relive them through the innocence that are my kids' eyes. The same look they get when I buy them new books. I've gotten them into the spirit of the holidays and into reading. What more could I ask for?
Well, this post has been long enough. Welcome to my new blog and thank you for reading my first post :) Happy Holidays and Happy reading, always!

No comments:

Post a Comment