Thursday, December 31, 2015

Top Five Books In 2015

Hello everyone! Before the year officially ends, I wanted to write down my favorite reads of 2015. I managed to read 50 books this year (which is huge feat for me) but it wasn't enough to get me a top 15, so I chose five books that either I couldn't put down and read in one or two sittings, or a book that caught me by surprise- in a good way. Another reason I probably didn't pick 15 books is that I may be too harsh of a critic. Well, not harsh but it's hard for me to rate a book a complete 5 stars. I enjoy most of the books I read and I rate them 3 or 4 stars, 4 stars meaning I enjoyed it and will recommend it to a friend, 3 stars meaning I enjoyed it but it's forgettable, you know what I mean? I don't like rating books lower than 3 but in case I do, a 2 star rating means that I had to force myself to get through the book and can't pick up another one because it caused a reading slump- and that is NOT good. A five stars would mean it changed my life, it changed my perspective on things, it's a book that causes a hangover, a book that I don't want to stop reading and when I do get through it, it's one I want to hold for the rest of my life. There aren't a lot of those, but every once in a while I get a five star book and I can't stop talking about it.

The following five books didn't all get 5 star, but they were ones that I loved and had other people read. Some hit a little closer to home which is why I probably hold dear to my heart and others just surprised me by how beautiful it was. 




3. Confess by Colleen Hoover


2. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay



What were YOUR favorite reads of this past year?

No comments:

Post a Comment