Thursday, March 3, 2016

Review: F*ck Love by Tarryn Fisher


Helena Conway has fallen in love.
Unwillingly. Unwittingly.
But not unprovoked.
Kit Isley is everything she’s not—unstructured, untethered,
and not even a little bit careful.
It could all be so beautiful … if he wasn’t dating her best friend.
Helena must defy her heart, do the right thing, and think of others.
Until she doesn’t.

RATING: 3.75 stars

By the time I was done with this book, I was both frustrated and enamored with it. Fisher's writing style is so addicting and intoxicating that I couldn't put this book down. I finished it pretty quickly even though the story line itself was very bland. Helena Conway was not a favorite character of mine. She was so stubborn but whiny and it irritated me that she didn't know what she wanted. I felt like she took the concept of love way too seriously most of the time and I couldn't handle it, but the way Tarryn Fisher writes, I was so captivated by it that I couldn't make myself stop reading. It became one of my favorites because of the writing, but I seriously hope this is a standalone. Even though I do think I would continue if it were a series, if only because of Tarryn Fisher. I enjoyed her and Colleen Hoover's Never Never series, and she easily became an instant-buy author. I hope her following book has more depth to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment