Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Review: Undecided by Julianna Keyes

Nora Kincaid has one goal for her second year of college: be invisible. Last year’s all-party-no-study strategy resulted in three failed classes and two criminal charges, and if she messes up again she’ll lose her scholarship. But there’s one problem with her plan for invisibility, and his name is Crosbie Lucas: infamous party king, general hellraiser…and her new roommate’s best friend.

Crosbie’s reckless reputation and well-known sexcapades aren’t part of Nora’s studious new strategy, but as she’s quickly learning, her new plan is also really boring. When Crosbie’s unexpected gestures of friendship pull her head out of her books long enough to see past his cocky veneer, she’s surprised to find a flawed and funny guy beneath it all. The muscles don’t hurt, either.

But as Nora starts to fall for Crosbie, the weight of one of last year’s bad decisions grows even heavier. Because three failing grades and two misdemeanors are nothing compared to the one big secret she’s hiding…

Publishing date: April 2016
Rating: 5 stars


Before I begin my review, I just want to go on record to say I don't think the title of the book fits the story at all. And on the same token, the cover isn't that great either. I love the cover if it related more to the story, but after finishing (and loving) the book, it definitely wasn't what I thought it was going to be about based on the cover/title alone.

I wasn't in the mood for anything in particular when I requested this book for review. I read the synopsis, and though it didn't sound too interesting, I was intrigued enough and I am very happy to say that this book blew me away!

I was expecting a typical New Adult story, and yes, while it was predictable, I think the story itself made up for that. Nora and Crosbie are very relatable characters, and I haven't felt a connection with characters in a book in such a long time, that it was refreshing to fall in love with these two. Even the co-characters. Marcela and Kellan were funny side characters! I felt like I was a part of their journey. Another thing I enjoyed was that it eliminated the unnecessary drama and there was no love triangle (like the cover led me to believe). It was just a fun read, a sexy read, and most definitely a favorite read of mine for 2016. Julianna Keyes has gained a new fan and follower, and I'll be picking up any and all of her books and I hope she continues writing New Adult. her writing is so detailed but so fast-paced and easy to follow, it took a lot of willpower to put this book down at all. This got a complete five out of five stars from me. I highly recommend this book if you're into funny, sweet, college romances.


No comments:

Post a Comment